Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reflections on the Season's End


This post is from the lovely Kjerstin Lysne. Kjerstin is a graduate of the UNCSA School of Dance and has been a member of Open Dream Ensemble for two seasons. It has been wonderful watching her develop as an artist and teacher through these two seasons.



Here I am again, at the end of another season with Open Dream- my second, and my final, season. I’m not going to miss those 5:00 am calls, and the long hours of driving, but I will definitely miss the steady paycheck…as well as my fellow cast members, from whom I have learned so much, and with whom I have had a blast working , playing, and getting to know over the past 5 months. I thank you for all the memories- they will be treasured. And thank you Open Dream- I have also learned many lessons through rehearsing, performing, and teaching with you over the past two seasons. You have challenged me, stretched me, and brought out so much in me that I never imagined existed. Your impact on me has been just as strong as that which we dare to hope to have on the kids we perform for and teach. My dreams have been opened and I now set out to accomplish them…

No comments:

Post a Comment