Friday, December 4, 2009

Curtain Call


This is the final post from the wonderful James Stewart. James graduated with a Masters in Music Composition degree from the UNCSA School of Music and is finishing up his third season with Open Dream Ensemble.

Well, this season is coming to a close. This has been my third season on
the cast of the Open Dream Ensemble. After four original scores, five new
shows, a dozen residences, and somewhere around 200 performances, these
will be my last few days with the ensemble. It has been an amazing and
rewarding experience. I have enjoyed the challenge, the performing, the
writing, the students, and (believe it or not) the driving from one place
to another. But, there is one thing that I will miss most of all, and
that will be the cast. I appreciate every member of this ensemble, their
gifts, their personalities, their humor, their enthusiasm, and their
friendship. I would like to take this last blog post as a chance to thank
the cast, the management, and the producers of the Open Dream Ensemble for
the opportunity to be a part of something so unique and so important.
Thank you Peter for always being willing to hop into the van with me to
help load and un-load.
Thank you Brian for the talks on the long rides in the van.
Thanks Lauren, for introducing me to Radio-Lab (I can’t stop listening
to it!).
Thanks Joshua for making me laugh especially when I didn’t feel like
laughing.
Thanks Rose for faithfully assembling the glider over and over and over
again.
Thank you Kjerstin for always helping me set-up the percussion for Dream
Machines.
Thanks Dia for your constant optimism and smile.
Thank you Haydee for stepping in as you did, and for your listening ear.
Thank you Rebecca, for postponing a show so that I could go be with my
family in a time of need.
And thank you, Thomas S. Kenan Institute for the Arts for making all of
this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment