Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brian's Final Post (for us)

This is the final post of the season from Brian Sutow. Brian is a UNCSA School of Drama graduate and soon-to-be-resident of Washington, DC. He is pictured above holding the "Flying Research." -- Truly, he does look better without the mustache.

I can't believe the season is coming to an end. When starting the season in July, it seemed like six months of acting work was an eternity, and I would never have to worry about finding a job or auditioning again! Well, while I am unfortunately going to have to go on the prowl for a job (in my new home of Washington, DC - Yes!) this season has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. I will particularly miss getting to work with this wonderful ensemble of people every day. Being on the road together can be tricky - potentially horrific - and this group of people has stayed fun, friendly and enjoyable the entire time. Fortunately, I think the friendships will last well beyond this six month season. Already we have found ourselves working together (or planning to) outside of Open Dream. Joshua and I brought Kjerstin up to DC to dance in our Halloween show, we have brought James on to help compose and arrange for our original musical that we're bringing to the Capitol Fringe Festival, and we're looking forward to using Peter in an episode of our webseries - and that's just what we've planned so far! But most of all, I will miss working with and performing for the kids. I've enjoyed my time with them so much that I've already applied for children's theatre jobs up in DC. So who knows... perhaps my journey with children's theatre is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment