Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sheepish to Deepish

This post is from the marvelous Marissa Byers! My third season with Open Dream is in full action! It's amazing how Big Shoes had taken a whole new life of its own and almost feels like a completely different show. The four of us returning are all playing new roles, which keeps the performances feeling fresh and unpredictable. I played the part of Sheepish last year- one of the Triplets Ish, and I couldn't be happier to be a triplet again... only this time I'm Deepish. Instead of being the pink one who blushes a lot and is embarrassed easily, I am the purple one who speaks in cryptic language and is seemingly profound (ish). My sisters are played by Haydee and Julianne, who are both blonde, and I am the lone brunette with purple in my hair. It just amuses me... aside from the fact that the two of them are a blast to work with. The whole cast has been incredible to work with, and I'm looking forward to spending the next few months playing, learning and growing with such inspiring counterparts. It's always hard work, but it's clear so far that every cast member loves working hard and knows how to play to the max. This isn't always the case, and I'm thrilled by the momentum it is stirring up. I'm ready for takeoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment