Friday, September 13, 2013

I Can't Wait!

This post is from the hilarious Haydee Thompson pictured here wailing as Weepish!
I can't wait, I can't wait! Monday we finally start our first week of residencies and I feel like what I hear expectant parents sometimes say. "I wonder what they will look/sound like. I wonder who they will become." Because I have been a teaching artist for so many years I know better than to generalize my students into just grades or age groups. They are dynamic persons with their own individual personalities, voices and ways of learning. Along the years I have met and taught so many wonderful children who have in turn taught me so much and I realize, just now, that some of my kids are in fact Juniors in High School this year! Crazy! I wonder what dreams they are preparing for currently. Do any of them want to be scientists? Maybe, just maybe, we have inspired an artist or two! There is a lump in my throat thinking about it. Have I made a difference? That hope is what keeps me coming back year after year and I just Can't Wait to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment