Monday, November 14, 2011

Things to Treasure


This post is from the amazing Ulung! Through out these 15-weeks of the Open Dream Season, Ulung has made countless contributions in his stage, screen and classroom work. He is pictured here during the web series shoot (in the triangle shirt).


When extraordinary things happen (even the bad ones), I believe in one thing: it can be a good story to tell.

We are at a hotel in Maggie Valley when I write this blogpost. We just got back from dining at Legends Sports Grill, next to the hotel. Well, I've never been to this area before and I'm always excited to see new place. Considering I'm far from home, it doubled the excitement. I enjoyed every place we traveled to. When this is over, I will miss the most frequent view on the road. It's not the green scenery that I'm talking about. It's the "Ryder" sign at the back of the Ryder van which is always be in front of the passenger van / "Happy Van" (with a smiley picture on the door) :) Ehmm… Back to the dinner at Legends Sports… When we were about to leave from the restaurant, Dian had a request for a group picture, she said that this would be her last time with us. Yes, the session will be over soon. Three months period is quite some time. I still remember working with my teaching partner, Julianne, who really knows how I forget things. I really "go somewhere extraordinary" by teaching science in elementary school. I never forget when I learned to pronounce "Don't hurt the rocks!" (hopefully I'm doing it better now). I enjoyed the break time when we did fun stuff like random recording session, photo session, jam session, Catan session, etc. I feel like, I know these guys more and more each day. Everybody is unique and I'm gonna miss it. Last but not least, I just watched the 2nd episode of the web series and I remembered how terrible I was in acting back when we were still in the first weeks of training (at the basement of the Steven's Center). Now I'm more comfortable doing it, because everyone in Open Dream Ensemble are so encouraging and helpful. I'm so glad that I'm part of it.
These three months will be a good story of my life.

Ulung

No comments:

Post a Comment