Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Goodbye to STARS


This post is from the mighty Marissa. She provided this photo of a card from her class at STARS!


There's a goodbye song we sing with the students at the end of the class each day. This last residency, it was really the end of our time with them. It took a lot of self control to keep the tears back when I sang the last line of the song... "Now, it's time to say goodbye, and we'll see each other again". The sweat and exhaustion of learning how to teach and manage elementary school classes was worth every ounce of effort. The payoff was the adoration of all these fresh, young, wild and beautiful rascals... From the times they made me want to tear my hair out to the moments they had me rolling on the floor with laughter and moved by their individuality and wide open dreams. I have to give a shout-out to my rock star teaching partner, Andrew a.k.a Ace. You are a force of nature, and I'm glad we got to stick this one out together. We did it!!!!!

Now we're all in the home stretch with the teaching behind us and a few performances of Peril on the Red Planet to go. It's racing by, and I'm glad we all get to play some more- doing what we're trained to do. It's hard to believe we'll be leaving each other in less than a week. I'm so proud of every one of us. We're a stellar team.

No comments:

Post a Comment