Thursday, November 10, 2011

In Repose


This post is from a relaxed Adrian Knowels. As you will read, Adrian has been enjoying the work and the down-time of Open Dream. He's the tall on in the lavender shirt pictured here working with students.



Sitting in a hotel, being serenaded by Andrew Jerningan. Could life get any better? Well, of course, but alas, I don't have Joanna Newsom's phone number, so I'll settle for listening to a guy and his guitar. But it's been a lot of fun. Rooming with a fellow actor, the creativity sparks on a regular basis. Personally, I'm content with flipping through channels hours on end when I'm staying in a hotel, but luckily I've got a roomie that won't let me settle for that junk. Being on the road, you get to know your fellow Open Dreamers better through sheer boredom, because when the boredom hits, the crazy ideas start. Necessity is the mother of invention. So we've taken some ridiculous band photos, discovered a new board game, and whiled away the hours with (mostly) inane conversation. But I wouldn't trade it for anything else. The challenges of being a teaching artist are great but the rewards are far greater. It's all about those awesome kids, and whatever we find to do in the in-between times, well, doesn't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment