Monday, November 21, 2011

The Adventure Continues


This post is from Martian Cop, Adrian Knowels. A graduate of UNCSA School of Drama, Adrian is slated for a move to the chilly North which we hope will give him lots of warmth, roles, and wonder. Thanks, Adrian, for your work with Open Dream this season and keep in touch!


Well Open Dream has come to a close. Two days ago, we rocked our final show, loaded the set back into storage, and had a sweet lunch party provided for us by the Kenan Institute. Gosh, now what? I have quite a bit of money saved up (thanks to our hefty paychecks) which I'll live on for a month or two when I move to Chicago in January. Then it's life, I guess. I'll probably have to get a job in a restaurant or working as an usher in a theatre. Man, I'd love to continue working as an actor, but survival comes first. I truly loved Open Dream because I got work in the field I studied. I got to live as a professional actor. I'm still a professional actor, albeit an unemployed one. But that's ok. I'm going home for the holidays to spend time with family before I make the biggest move of my life. I've never lived in a city before. I've never even visited Chicago. But WOOO-HOO!! Time to grow up and figure out what this whole adult thing is all about. Thank you Open Dream for the being the springboard to my career! Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment