Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ready Rosie




This post is from the ever-ready Rose. Rose, a graduate of the UNCSA School of Dance, is a third-year member of Open Dream Ensemble and great at being cheerful at 5:00 a.m.!


We had our first day at the Montessori School of Winston-Salem (Oct. 27) and the pace at that school is very different from that of regular public schools. It's interesting to come into a class that has a mixed age group. The 4th, 5th, and 6th graders being combined into one class makes it seem more like one big family. Also, we performed Dream Machines in literally a hallway at that school, and it never ceases to amaze me how our group accommodates so easily and quickly to make the show work in any size of space (as long as we have doorways wide enough for our work bench to fit through).

Now that I've had a chance to rest up over the weekend I can say I'm ready for those 5:00 in the morning call times. I'm seriously learning how to become a better morning person. It's really tough! I don't know how public school teachers do this 5 days a week for 9 months of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment