Monday, November 30, 2009

Welcome Back


This week Lauren Culpepper returns to Open Dream Ensemble after a month recuperating from hip surgery. Tomorrow she will resume the role of Katharine Wright at a performance in Charlotte. Lauren, a graduate of the UNCSA School of Drama, let's us know how she feels....

I am happily back with Open Dream for the final two weeks! I couldn't be more excited. This past month recovering from my hip surgery has been a rough one, but I feel ready to return as Katherine Wright in Dream Machines tomorrow. I must admit I'm a little nervous since I haven't had a chance to do the show in a month, so I'm going over lines and blocking tonight just in case. I really look forward to seeing the rest of the cast tomorrow and couldn't be more excited and grateful to be able to return and close the season with everyone. As for my post surgery recovery...things seem to be going just as planned. I can do pretty much everything except run and kick, etc. which is why Haydee is going to step in for the last two shows of Peril this week. I wish I could do it physically, but I'm also glad to have the chance to hang out with her and the rest of the team.

Glad to have you back, Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment