Monday, November 16, 2009

BLOG: 11/16/09 From Haydee

This is our first post from the wonderful Haydee Thompson! Haydee is a drama graduate of UNCSA and has returned to Open Dream Ensemble as a third-year cast member.

Hello Dreamer Followers,
This is my first blog ever! This morning I woke up at 4am, pet my cat Lily, got out of bed, put on the kettle, got dressed, made tea (and a bagel), checked the e-mail, and packed my bag.
Bag Items:
script
water
thermos of tea
lunch
make-up
voice
pillow
Rose picked me up 50 minutes later to make our 5:00am call, meeting in the back parking lot of UNCSA (Egypt). We made it just in time. I hopped in the Ryder Van with James. On the drive we talked about a kid's birthday party he went to this weekend, with a petting zoo and it sounded like James had a great time! It is still dark an hour later when the road begins to wind up these great hills and there is a sign to Turn onto the Great Blue Ridge Parkway, what a treat. The Sunrise was a deep red and quite spectacular. There is nothing
like seeing morning break and I think how lucky I am to see it. I have seen some amazing sunrises, light and landscapes this month on the road with Open Dream.
Other great things I've seen this month:
smiling faces
teamwork
humor
strength
compassion
fortitude
friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment