Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My life in Topsy Turvy


by Boo Beary Crunch translated from Bear by Ted Federle

Ever since I was a cub learning how to fish salmon out of the river I knew that I wanted to be a squirrel. I used to spend hours watching them climb trees and bury nuts (which I like much more than salmon) all the while wishing I could do that too but all the other bears laughed at me and said I’d never be like a squirrel. Undeterred I left home in search of the magical world of Topsy Turvy. After an exhaustive journey I finally found it and met other animals just like me. There is a bird that barks, a fox that hops, an owl that meows and my best friend THE DEAR. In Topsy Turvy I can spend my days climbing and burying nuts but, the other day the most exciting thing happened! We had two visitors, a girl-human named Emily and a boy-human named Gordy. The girl-human wasn’t as peculiar as the Gordy, who had giant feet! My friends and I thought he would be a great addition to our group since he seemed to want to be something called an Alexander but he ran away from us… Boy humans are so strange… but I’m content to climb higher each day in my favorite tree. I think with some more practice I can get all the way to the top and see the world like all the other squirrels do.

No comments:

Post a Comment