Sunday, September 9, 2012

Diligent and Cerebral


This post is from our prized veteran Open Dreamer, Haydee Thompson. Through the years she has guided one dancer and now five musicians in the craft of teaching artistry. She is pictured here working with a group of fourth-graders last season.



This week we were assigned our teaching partners. I was not surprised when told Cameron would be mine. Every year I am paired with a musician and last year my partner was Guy who was also a trombonist. Drama requires using your body as an instrument and completely relies on the physical, whereas a musicians craft tends to be more cerebral in nature. I like working with musicians. So far I have been lucky to see them as diligent in there facts and enjoying the study of science. I often can rely on them to be a great source of knowledge which inspires me to co-create exciting lesson plans. Cameron is doing a great job and I know it will be an absolute pleasure to work with him this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment