Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busy But Happy

This post is from the lovely (and busy) Rose Shields. Rose, who graduated from the UNCSA School of Dance, plays a whirling, twirling, flipping, fighting robot in Peril on the Red Planet.

Busy busy busy! We basically have already staged the entire Peril on the Red Planet show; all we have left to stage are the transitions between scenes. We have been flying through these rehearsals each day that before I know it, it's time for bed! I was just realizing how easy it is to get caught up in this work that I sometimes forget there's the outside world! I glimpsed over some newspaper articles today about events going on inside and outside our country. It made me recognize just how much focus, time, and energy has to be invested when helping to get a show off the ground (with 1 show already up and running). Yes, it does get tiring some days, but I love this work and wouldn't have it any other way. I have worked 9-5 jobs, and although they are challenging in their own right, the performing arts challenges me in a way that keeps me coming back for more; it never gets boring. Each day I learn something new that gives more color, more texture to my life which can be shared with others, and I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment