Sunday, October 25, 2009

Until Next Month ....

This following post is from Lauren Culppeper. Lauren, a graduate of the UNCSA School of Drama, will be taking some time away from Open Dream Ensemble in the next weeks as she undergoes surgery and physical therapy. She writes more about this below....

This past week was definitely an eventful week! It felt like we were in the van for the majority of the time. Regardless, I wanted to soak in as much as I could because unfortunately I am going to have to undergo hip surgery next week, taking me away from the company for the month of November. This is truly an unfortunate occurrence that we all wish was not happening, but everyone has been incredibly kind and willing to help keep Open Dream moving along smoothly in my absence. The GOOD NEWS in all of this is we will have Haydee Thompson returning to the cast in my place! Haydee has been a member of the Open Dream Ensemble in years past and is very talented AND I hear that she's also a wonderful teaching artist as well. She is going to be replacing me in Dream Machines as Katherine Wright, and in Peril, Dia will be playing Diana and Haydee will be playing Dia's role of Demeter. Yesterday we had a brief rehearsal to make these changes and Haydee was able to easily make this transition...cause she's a pro! The cast and myself are so thrilled to have her on board, and I'm just jealous because I'll be stuck in rehab next month instead of getting to know her better!
So...hopefully the surgery will go as smoothly as we hope and I will be happily back in the game in December!!

No comments:

Post a Comment