Monday, November 4, 2013

Knowledge and Confindence

This post is from Wiley Basho Gorn pictured here as Gordy in Open Dream Ensemble's production of Big Shoes.


We just finished our final week of teacher artist residencies. I felt the most confident in the class room and working with my teaching partner that I have all season and now it's over. I think there's something really beautiful about that feeling. The strive for knowledge that only comes at the end of the journey, often when you least expect it.

Because of the residencies my animal impersonations have skyrocketed as has my knowledge of earthquakes and volcanoes. My favorite moments were the times I showed and played my violin for the class. It's an instrument I've had

I'm looking forward to the next two weeks of tour life but I will always hold a place in my heart for the residencies.

since I was in 4th Grade and it's interesting to think back to that time, especially since we're teaching kids that age. I just recently found out the history of where Myla (my violin) was made and her age. I love sharing that knowledge and explaining vibrations through the strings and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment