Friday, November 2, 2012

On the Road to Warsaw

No, not Poland. Warsaw Elementary School here in North Carolina. The ride out is pleasant and great for napping. Our travel this season has been pretty minimal, and I have to admit that it's nice to go away for a couple of days- under the illusion that everyday life is in a parallel universe far, far away. My existence right now is Sheepish, and my triplet sisters Weepish and Deepish and I are on a mission to get Gordy to Topsy Turvy. I wasn't going to tell anybody, but I have a crush on Gordy. Maybe you can tell anyway because I blush excessively- especially when he jumps every time I talk. I can't help talking so loudly, but he's nice anyway. So nice... Sigh. In real life, this show is a blast to perform. It's always a sign of success when we hear enthusiastic laughter and applause roar from hundreds of children- and see wonder and anticipation in so many little faces when the Robber enters the stage to steal the big shoes from Gordy. Plus, it's rocks my world to act, play my clarinet and a harmonica, sing and dance in the same show, and collaborate with stellar colleagues. Yeah, loading the set in and out is a lot of work, but it truly is worth it. Oh look... We're here. Time to load in the show...
This post is from the marvelous Marissa Byers. As this post goes up, Open Dream has completed the Warsaw performance and is currently performing in Kenansville!

No comments:

Post a Comment