Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!!!

Is today, and we are spending our time figuring out our costumes. Not for tonight, but the upcoming discovery concert with the Winston Salem symphony. The array is pretty awesome, Cameron is in the corner headless, William has pulled his pants up to his waist as Grandpa and Michaela is dancing around as a duck. I for one am basking in my character, the Cat. I've had cats all my life and can finally say it was for character study!!! See mom it was all worth it. Other than that, our finish line is quickly approaching and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Today we had yet another performance for yet another school and yet again the kids blew me away. They reacted as if they'd never seen a play, which they probably hadn't, and ooh and aah and were quite vocal. They even yelled at Gordy to get out of the house before the Robber came and one kid decided jumping out the window was Gordy's best option. As rowdy as they were it was a pretty special thing for me to do, and I hope they take something away from this that'll further their aspirations. Or maybe just make them think about art as a fun and exciting thing. This post is from Miss Marine Madesclaire. As Season Eight of Open Dream Ensemble draws to a close (in 15 days!) it is amazing to reflect that, among other things, Marine has taken on the role of a teaching artist, learned to play the mandolin, and proven her prowess as a cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment