Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Wickedly Talented"


This post is from the wonderful William vonReichbauer. Not only does William play two roles in the new Open Dream production of Big Shoes, he also runs the sound equipment, plays upright bass, guitar, mandolin, and dances. He is shown here playing his upright bass.


We are now a day into our second week of rehearsals for Open Dream Ensemble's season 8 (!) production of Big Shoes. We have an absolutely amazing cast and crew, this year! Everyone involved is wickedly talented and has brought a ferocious enthusiasm towards bringing this show to life. I count myself very fortunate to be working so closely with such an incredible group of artists.

Julianne mentioned it in her post, but it bears repeating; the sets and costumes are absolutely stunning. Not only that, but they are lightweight and compact, which will make loading and unloading the truck twice per day a little easier, this season.

Speaking of Julianne, she is our choreographer, this year, and it has been very exciting learning to tap from her! I even get to go up against her in a mini tap battle in the show. If you've ever seen Julianne tap, you know I have my work cut out for me. Fortunately for me, I don't have to win.

I can hardly wait to get this show in front of audiences; I think it's really going to blow people away!


No comments:

Post a Comment