Friday, July 24, 2009

Lively and Buff











This post is from the lovely, and very buff, Rose. (Pictured in the green and grey during rehearsal this afternoon).


Week 3 has blown through and my thigh muscles are so sore! It was a goal of mine to start bicycling to work everyday, and wowee, is it ever a work out! Winston-Salem has some lovely, rolling, hilly streets... It sure is making me appreciate the outdoors AND the convenience of cars. I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, so it gets interesting when I carry that bicycle up and down 2 flights of stairs each day. Who needs to weight lift when you can do stairs while carrying a bicycle?!

Anyway, the show has been getting a lot of fine tuning this week, and it feels like each day, we as a cast, grow closer and closer... how could you not when spending 7 hours a day, 6 days a week with these amazing people? I love the fact that our love for performance art drives us to make this show an astounding experience! Also, our cast's (and directors') wonderful sense of humor helps keep us all in high spirits (if a little zany). I really can't believe that we have one more week before we move on to Peril on the Red Planet. I will miss working with our directors Matt and Isaac once they skidaddle off back to NYC at the end of this month to do more amazing things! As for now... no rest for the weary; we still have rehearsal tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 am! I may rise, but the "shine" will take some coffee and I suppose another hilly bike ride.

~Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment