Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rose's Read


The following is from Rose Shields. Rose, a college graduate of the UNCSA School of Dance, has returned for her third year as a member of the Open Dream cast.

Well, it’s been 1 week and we have already staged about half of the Dream Machines show. Wow! I feel like I’ve been swept up into a journey, or quest perhaps, to help bring a historical event back to life, and am finding myself smack dab in the middle of the plot! -- You know, when the characters are realizing the magnitude of how much has happened, how far they have come, and how far they have left to go –
Now as I take a step back from the action to reflect on what we 8 performers and 2 directors have done so far, I see the whirlwind of productivity being propelled forward by everyone’s ceaseless energy and excitement to turn a fabulous story into a living, breathing play. It’s really rather remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment