Monday, October 7, 2013

This post is from Wiley Basho Gorn, pictured here as Gordy in Open Dream Ensemble's Big Shoes.
I'm finding a nice flow in the system of the tour. The routines of set up and strike are much smoother and in a way, meditative. I like the repeated tasks that engage the body and mind. It sets me in a good place to begin the show. Building the word of the play from the ground up. I've been really enjoying the 10 minutes before the show begins. I lie on my back, close my eyes, and listen to the sounds of the room. It's a moment to breathe and find physical relaxation. This is definitely the most physically engaging role I've ever played so it's important to have a moment of calm before the storm. Next week we are back in the classroom and I'm looking forward to teaching my first third grade class! Over and out, Wiley P.S. While in Cherokee, Alexander and Gordy went on an adventure to climb a mountain together. Included are photos of their success!

No comments:

Post a Comment