Sunday, August 18, 2013

Play!

Rehearsal is always a beautiful and complex process. Searching for character and finding their truths in the life of the play does involve some technical craft but can sometimes be a whimsical journey. The sense of Play (of pretend) reminds me, and very much keeps me, connected to my child brain. My favorite part the one I used to imagine stories and when with my friends could become anything, anywhere, anytime and believe with absolute conviction in the worlds we could build. In our work we are so fortunate to have the opportunity to bring that same childlike wonderment, belief and fun into the rehearsal space and just....Play! This post is from the puckish Haydee Thompson. In our new production she performs the roles of a gasping fish, Weepish, and a kid on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment