Monday, September 26, 2011

Busy Times


This post is from one of the Open Dream newbies - Adrian Knowles. A recent graduate of the UNCSA School of Drama, Adrian is an actor and all-around nice fellow! (Despite what his character in our upcoming web series might have you believing).


Has time flown by that quickly? It's already late in September and it feels like yesterday that us Open Dreamers were meeting and greeting around a table in the basement of a local theater. 9-5 workdays, just like a real job! And believe me, what a real job it is. I graduated from UNCSA in May and I like telling myself I nailed my first professional audition, but I didn't know what I was in for. Rehearsing for a show that includes singing and playing music, both of which have been a struggle for me since I was a kid, has been an eye opening experience. But the beautiful thing is, all of us have been asked to step outside our comfort zone. The 4 musicians in the cast are being called on to act and the actors are being asked to play instruments. The support we receive from our fellow cast members has been essential to keeping positive in times of stress. But there's more! We're TEACHING. We just finished our first 2 week teaching gig on the 23rd. It was a little daunting, but we were well prepared thanks to a week long training session. The kids made the experience well worth it. I'm excited to see what we get into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment