Saturday, October 16, 2010

Breaking News



This post is from the fantastic Haydee Thompson. This is Haydee's fourth season with Open Dream Ensemble and she has played many roles for us including an abolitionist, a pirate, a mother, a mad hatter, a space-aged whiz kid, Katherine Wright (sister of the Wright brothers) a robot, and a human-variant of the goddess Demeter. She is pictured here taking a well-deserved break.


Unbelievable! Friday morning Julianne and I lead the drive to Stokes County in the Ryder truck. It was, of course, still dark as we were winding up the country hill when a giant fire ball shot across the sky! Julianne exclaimed something to the effect of, "HUNGRY HIPPO'S, LOOK AT THAT!!!!" It was HUGE and bright with all the colors of fire. "Is that a meteorite?", I said as it gently glided behind the tree line. I immediately grabbed my phone and found the number for local channel 12, WXII. They should know about this, it looked very close and we wondered where it might have hit. Unfortunately, after 20 rings, no one answered and I hung up. I then tried to find the number for FOX 8 morning news, after all, they interviewed ODE last month and Cindy Farmer should want to hear about this! Sadly, I couldn't find their number on their website anywhere so again No Luck! Oh well, I suppose I'll never know where that space rock landed. Nor will I ever know how to report breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment